Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Types of Diapers and How to Use

Please note that these are not the BEST videos ever, but I attempted...as you can tell at the end, I really need a tripod lol.  Anyways, hope this is helpful to some of you!!!  I am also going to list some of the major brands (please not that they will not contain EVERY single diaper in that category) that carry each thing except for the OS diapers :-)

OS (One size) diapers:  Diaper used is a Flip

Hybrid:  Diapers used is Flip and then gDiaper
-GroVia
-Flips
-gDiaper
-Best Bottoms

AI2:  Diaper used is a Fino Baby from Hyena Cart
-SoftBums
-AppleCheeks
-AMP Diapers
-IttiBitti


AIO and Pocket:  Diapers used are QTBuns from Etsy and CCBums from Hyena Cart or Facebook
All in one diapers:
-BumGenius (Elementals and soon to come Freetime)
-Rumparooz (Lil Joey newborn diapers)
-GroVia 
-Swaddlebees
-Bottom Bumpers


Pocket diapers:
-Fuzzi Bunz
-BumGenius
-Thirsties
-Happy Heinies
-Kawaii
-Tots Bots
-BabyKicks
-Katydid
-Knickernappies
-Rumparooz
-DryBees
-Tweedlebugz


Fitted, Prefold, Flat, Snappi, and Cover:  Diapers used are Wee Expressions from Etsy and an Econobum
Fitted diapers:
-Thirsties
-Kissaluvs
-BabyKicks
-Eco Posh
-Happy Heinies
-Sustainablebabyish
-Mother-ease
-Tiny Tush
-IttiBitti
-Bummis

Prefold:
-Chinese prefold
-Indian prefold
-Econobums

Cover:
-Econobums
-Thirsties
-Bummis
-Mother-ease
-Prorap
-Imse Vimse
-Rumparooz
-Kissaluvs
-Blueberry




18 comments:

  1. This is a great resource! Love the videos! i have been wanting to try fitted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really helpful, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this! We are getting preparing to be foster parents. When my daughter was a baby, we used cloth with pins!...so things have changed a bit. We are catching up. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this- i have been curious about other t6ypes but afraid to try them

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did a post on my blog about the different kinds of cloth as well and its nice you included videos!

    when looking in to cloth it is so overwhelming at the choices and having some one who can help is a must so videos and tutorials like this are great to offer to others to help them on their journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the videos! I am a visual learner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am new to cloth diapering and love this post! Thanks so much for all the great info !!!!! It has really helped me understand the different types of diapers and gave me a better idea of what I should get and try !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this!! I'm DEFINITELY new to cloth diapering!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm currently cloth diapering my 2 year old boy and 3 month old girl... so glad diapers are way cuter than what my mom used on me!

    http://fivefeetoffun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am new to cloth diapering and this is a great resource as I look for information!! Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made the mistake of getting all pocket diapers when I started out, which are great for my 2yr old as he is a heavy wetter, but I way prefer fitteds for my 6 months old.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this chart so much! I wish I had found it when I was first starting out! I made something similar and it would have saved a ton of time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! it's like the "bible" for cloth diapering!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for posting videos of the different types of diapers, I'm very new to cloth diapering and it's great to have a visual of what each type of diaper looks like and how to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so great-i wish i would've found this when i first started out! there are so many options/inserts to choose from it can be overwhelming!! thanks for sharing this great info!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very helpful!

    Recently I've been hearing about a "Hybrid Fitted"? Do you know anything about that?

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Hybrid system is listed above. That is the system that has both disposable and cloth options. Great for daddy, babysitter, and newborns!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow pocket diapers demystified !!! I could not figure it out!

    ReplyDelete