Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Changing Diapers by Kelly Wels Review

When I received an email about reviewing this book, I was SO excited.  I have been wanting this book for a while now just to read and have on hand in case anyone had any questions.  I was provided an online copy, but you better believe that I am ordering it in a hard copy to have in my home.  



This is a wonderful addition to any cloth diapering family.  I know many cloth diapering mamas try to help spread the cloth diapering love.  In order to do that, you have to know a lot of information.  Wouldn't it be nice to sent a friend home with a book to read that is written in plain English and makes cloth diapering sound fun and exciting after your mini cloth diapering class?  I have done the mini cloth diapering class a few times for friends.  I just pull out one of everything and change my kid with them and then let them change my kid with all of them to see how easy it is. I never thought to tell them everything in this book.  So, needless to say, I am totally purchasing it now!

The book is broken down so that it is SO easy to follow.  It starts with reasons to start cloth diapering, which is extremely detailed on the whole disposable vs. cloth debate.  Then it goes over all the different types of cloth diapers with pictures and a how to use part.  The third chapter is all about how to pick the right cloth diaper for you (which is something that is REALLY hard to do and can be a huge, costly mistake).  Then it goes through how to cloth diaper from newborn-potty training, how to try to get day cares to join in on the cloth diapering, a little bit on multiples and special needs babies, how to fix leaking problems (even at night!) and diaper rashes, dads and cloth diapering (stories on how some dads feel about cloth diapering), how to wash cloth diapers, and even a bit on cloth diapering accessories! :-)  

If you ask me, there is nothing this book left out!  Not only that, it would save a lot of needed time for the new mamas thinking about cloth diapering.  No more having to research everything online and coming up with 20 million opinions on how many diapers do you need.  Kelly does a great job giving it to you straight without putting any personal preferences in it, which I think is great!  Also, I thought it would take me FOREVER to read this book because it has a lot of pages to it, however this was a pretty fast and easy read.  I read the whole thing in a day and a half...which is saying something with my two kids!!!

So, to sum it all up, I am going to quote Kelly because I believe this is so true:
"The cloth diaper choice is yours to make.  If you're going to be a cloth diapering mama, you need to know the facts.  And you're holding in your hands the most comprehensive, easy-to-read, how-to book on the subject of cloth diapering" (pg7).

No comments:

Post a Comment