Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Cloth Diapering a Newborn

So, a lot of you know that I had my second child about 3 months ago (it will be 3 months in 3 days).  I have been using cloth since the day that we got out of the hospital and I have a lot of news to share now!  First off, I want to tell everyone how much I LOVE using cloth on my little one!  Cloth is actually so much better than disposable diapering with a new one.  Let me tell you why:

  • No midnight rushes to the store for a pack of disposables.  We all know how many diapers a newborn goes through and this ends up happening a lot with a little one!  I remember being SO tired and having to drive down to the store to get a pack of diapers because I just used my last one on Luke.  Now, the farthest I have to go is to my basement!  Ah, the bliss!
  • No leaks!!!!  I have not had one leak at all with my son!  Not even with his poop!  I remember having to change Luke's outfit all the time because of leaks...now I just have to change Daniel's outfit once a day!  SO much better and less clothes laundry too!
  • No more stink!  I don't have a whole bunch of dirty poopy diapers sitting around stinking up my house anymore!  I used to hate that!  Thank goodness for a good smelling house!
So, what's the downfall?  PRICE!!!!!  Newborn diapers are actually VERY expensive.  I spend the time we were TTCing and the time I was pregnant to look all over for sales and used diapers.  This is probably the best idea I had!  Try to remember to do the same for your children.  Also, if I really wanted do, I could still be using Daniel's newborn diapers on him but it was time to PL Luke, so I moved Daniel  up to one sized and sold the newborn for trainers!  Eventually I will blog about PLing too...just need some time haha.  In the meantime...here are some beautiful pictures:





No comments:

Post a Comment