Wednesday: Real Simple Real Diaper SavingsAdvocacy Recommendations● Contact a local community action agency that provides family support services and offer to teach a simple cloth diaper class for low income families on a budget.
● Lead a class on how to make your own cloth diapers.
Education Focus● Cloth Diapering on a budget (inexpensive and simple!)
EXTRA● Identify a simple diaper to bring to the GCDC, to be donated to a cloth diaper charity (such as GivingDiapers, Giving Hope or similar cloth diaper charity, or  a local social service organization that would be willing to provide them to clients)
SO, today I am going to discuss how to cloth diaper on a budget.
Well...that is easy to help you with seeing that I myself cloth diaper on a budget! So, here are a few things you can do to help decrease the cost:
- Buy used! Check out diaperswappers.com and so forth to find used diapers to buy. If you can sew, you can find many diapers that need a little bit of work for SUPER cheap!
- Make your own diapers! Super easy and you don't really need that much sewing skills! Not only that, you can make diapers out of old t-shirts and other things! Just google search how to make cloth diapers and you will find many ideas that make is simple and easy to make cloth diapers for almost nothing!
- Prefolds and covers might be your best friend! This is a SUPER cheap way to cloth diaper! But don't worry, there is still no pins needed with these anymore, so you won't have to pin!!! Just grab a snappi!
- Go WAHM!!!! Many Work at home moms offer diapers that are cheaper but just as good as the name brand stuff! Why pay more for the same thing!?!? Check out etsy.com or hyenacart.com to find some wonderful WAHMs!!!